Frequently Asked QuestionsThe Teachers College, Columbia University Dietetic Internship Program is a full-time program, which will qualify you to take the registration exam. There is no application fee for the Dietetic Internship Program.
1) Do I complete the Dietetic Internship Program while taking master's courses or after all of my master's course work is completed?
The Dietetic Internship Program can be completed simultaneously with course work for the master's degrees. However, it is strongly recommended that the following three courses be completed prior to entry into the Internship: Strategies for Nutrition Education and Behavior Change, Nutrition Care Process & Medical Nutrition Therapy I & II, Nutrition Counseling
2) Where are the practice sites as part of the Dietetic Internship Program?
Practice sites are located throughout the tri-state area, including Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Westchester, Connecticut, and New Jersey. The best effort is made to place interns close to where they live. However, since it is the goal of the Dietetic Internship Program to provide interns with the best possible practice sites, it may be necessary to be flexible with travel.
3) Is there an enrollment limit for the Dietetic Internship Program?
Yes, there is a limit of 24 interns for the fall semester.
4) My undergraduate degree is not in nutrition, can I still apply to the Dietetic Internship Program?
Yes, provided you have completed the DPD course requirements. A verification statement of completed DPD courses must be included with the Dietetic Internship Program application.
5) Can I start the Dietetic Internship Program before I have taken the GRE?
No, you cannot be admitted to the Dietetic Internship Program or the Nutrition Program without taking the GRE.
6) Does the Teachers College Internship participate in DICAS?
Yes, all applications to the TC DI must be submitted through DICAS.