Outcomes | Nursing Education | Health & Behavior StudiesSkip to content Skip to main navigation
In the Department of Health & Behavior Studies
Doctor of Education
Outcomes of Program
Graduates of the program will:
- Apply theories from nursing, higher education, and related disciplines as a foundation for enacting the nurse educator role in academic and health care settings.
- Integrate knowledge from nursing and higher education that supports the development of innovative teaching strategies that address diverse learning needs.
- Demonstrate expertise as an advanced nurse educator that models the pursuit of lifelong learning and that reflects trends in nursing and higher education, inter-professional education, health care, and nursing practice.
- Pursue intellectual inquiry and scholarly endeavors individually and collaboratively to advance knowledge in nursing education.
- Serve as a scholar, leader, and advocate in nursing, nursing education, and higher education.