Program Goals | Nutrition | Health & Behavior StudiesSkip to content Skip to main navigation
In the Department of Health & Behavior Studies
Outcome Measures for the Internship Goals
Goal #1: Prepare interns for entry level positions in the nutrition field.
- 90% of interns will complete the DI within 17 months of start date
- 90% of interns will take the RD exam within one year of graduation
- 80% pass rate on the RD exam for first time test-takers
- 100% of interns will score higher than the national average mean for first time test-takers
Goal #2: Prepare interns to identify and understand the many roles of the Registered Dietitian within clinical, community, food service and research settings.
- Over a 5 year period, at least 70% of graduates who sought employment were employed within 3 months
- 80% of surveyed graduates will be satisfied with their preparedness to seek employment in a variety of settings
- 80% of surveyed employers will be satisfied with graduates’ ability to perform a variety of RD functions in clinical, community and food service areas
Goal #3: Prepare graduates to effectively provide nutrition education and counseling to individuals and groups.
- 80% of surveyed employers will be satisfied with graduates’ ability to perform nutrition education to individuals and groups
- 80% of surveyed graduates will be satisfied with preparedness to perform individual and group education