Changes to the Columbia Plan for 2013-14
Every year Columbia Health re-evaluates the benefits of the Columbia Student Medical Insurance Plan, making adjustments and negotiating changes as necessary so as to offer the most cost-effective appropriate coverage possible.
Below are the benefit modifications from the 2012-13 plan year:
Both Basic & Comprehensive Level Changes
- Increase annual maximum for prescription medications to $500,000.
- A $500 annual deductible applies for Non-Preferred Care (out of network care). This deductible will be waived for Emergency Care, Urgent Care Centers and Referred Outpatient Mental Health Care.
- A referral will not be required for medical or mental health care received 50 miles or more from Columbia Health Medical and/or Counseling Services.
Basic Level Changes
- Increase per condition/per policy year maximum to $500,000.
* Please note: preventive services available on campus must be obtained at Columbia Medical Services if the student is within 50 miles of Columbia Health. When outside of the 50-mile radius these services are covered at 100% only through a participating Aetna Student Health provider.