Camp for Teachers, ChileSkip to content Skip to main navigation
The Hollingworth Center
CAMP FOR TEACHERS, CHILE
In January 2017, The Hollingworth Center collaborated with Programa Explora, a Chilean government agency focusing on science initiatives throughout the country. Professional development was provided for Chilean teachers through the Chile Va Profesores camp in Picarquín, Region VI of Chile. Over one hundred early childhood, elementary school, and special needs teachers attended a week-long camp, participating in a variety of workshops and team-building exercises. The goal of this experience was the creation of communities of best practices centered on an inquiry-based pedagogical approach to science.
Jacquelyn Duran, Director of Enrichment Services, and Chilean Hollingworth Fellows, Anamaria Rivera and Maria Eugenia Rivera led workshops for the educators focusing on the theory behind inquiry-based science teaching, as well as opportunities to practice their newly acquired knowledge through active participation. Each workshop involved hands-on group work that modeled best practices.
- Motivación y Aprendizaje (Motivation and Learning)
- Ideas Previas (Prior Knowledge)
- El Poder de las Preguntas (The Power of Questions)
- Experiencias de Indagación (Inquiry Experiences)
- Habilidades Científicas (Scientific Skills)
- Diseño Ingenieril (Engineering Design Process)