Conference Scholarship Program | Teachers College Columbia UniversitySkip to content Skip to main navigation
Office of Residential Services
2016-2017 Residential Services Conference Scholarship Program
Purpose: The purpose of the Residential Services Conference Scholarship Program is to provide support for academic pursuits to selected TC on-campus residents and allow them an opportunity to share their research endeavors and interests with other members of the Teachers College residential community.
Overview: The Office of Residential Services is awarding three scholarships in the amount of $100.00 each to three residents who successfully develop and design a program that is directly or indirectly related to their primary field of study. Each recipient must present their program to the Teachers College residential community, programs can be passive programs or active programs. Participants are required to properly advertise for their event (a minimum of five days in advance) and are also responsible for securing a location for their presentation/program. Additional funds may be provided for refreshments.
- Participants must be full time Teachers College students currently residing in on-campus housing.
- Participants must attend a professional conference (of their choice) at some point during the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Funds must be used to off set conference costs, with few exceptions (Participants may not be reimbursed for food and beverage costs). Programs must be presented to members of the residential community prior to or after the selected conference. The presentation of the selected programs must occur before recipients may submit receipts for reimbursement.
- The program or paper does not have to be accepted at a conference, however the conference of choice should be one that is related to the participant’s field of study and their academic interests and endeavors.
Application Process: The following materials must be submitted prior to the application deadline in order to receive consideration:
- Completed Residential Services Conference Scholarship application
- Complete outline of the suggested program idea
- Current Resume
Application Time Frame:
12/5-1/23: Acceptance and review of application materials. All applications must be received by Monday, January 23, 2017.
1/23-1/30: Selection committee will review all application materials.
2/3: Recipients announced and notified via email.