Summer Conference/Graduation Housing
- 24-hour security desk
- All units have private baths, are air conditioned and are furnished with a twin-size extra-long bed, chair, desk, lamp, dresser, wardrobe or closet, a micro-fridge (combination microwave oven and refrigerator/freezer), and phone with free local calls.
- A limited number of rooms with kitchenettes may be available and are priced accordingly. Rooms with kitchenettes are equipped with a full-size bed. Guests should bring their own cooking utensils.
- High-speed internet and cable TV connections are in each room; however, you must bring your own equipment (Ethernet cord, coaxial cable, computer, and television).
- Each unit is supplied with one set of bed linens and towels. A weekly linen exchange (on a designated weekday day) is available for guests staying longer than one week.
- Other amenities include common area kitchens (located either on the floor or on the floor above/below), TV Lounge, study lounge, computer room, and a courtyard with seating.
Summer Conference Housing/Graduation Housing
We will begin accepting applications on
December 20, 2013 for
Summer Conference Housing 2014.
Summer Conference Housing begins in mid-May 2014
Helpful Tips and Policies
Luggage’s for guests are stored in our mailroom located in Whittier Hall at 1230 Amsterdam Ave. This service is only available during regular business hours. Hours will be posted on the mailroom door, the mailroom is closed on Sundays and some national holidays.
Small pieces of mail will be delivered to the mailbox in your building and a package slip will be placed in your assigned mailbox to notify you of a delivery. Bring the package slip with you and your ID to retrieve your package. The mailroom is located in Whittier Hall (1230 Amsterdam Ave). Your mailbox number and your room number are the same.
All rooms are provided with a standard cable package. There is no additional charge for this service and to take advantage of this, guests must have a cable-ready television.
Every unit in Whittier, Grant, Sarasota and New Residence Hall has a high-speed Ethernet jack to provide Internet access. Guests must provide their own Ethernet cord to take advantage of this service.
Courtesy Hours are in effect at all times. Guest must comply with any reasonable request to reduce the noise level.
Quiet Hours are designated times that guests should maintain a reasonable noise level. Weekdays (Sunday night – Thursday night), the designated times are 11:00 pm – 7:00 am. Weekends (Friday night and Saturday night), the designated times are 12:00 am – 8:00 am.
Each room is prepared with a bedding packet that contains: Top and fitted sheet, pillow/pillow case, towel, a blanket and bathroom complimentary items. We do not provide iron/ironing board, hangers, coffee pot, television, DVD player, alarm clock and utensils.
Cancellation or change with 4 weeks or more notice from your scheduled check-in date - no penalty
21-28 days’ notice - 75% refundable
14-21 days’ notice - 50% refundable
7-14 days’ notice - 25% refundable
0-7 days’ notice - non-refundable
WEEKEND RESERVATION POLICY:
Guests wishing to make a reservation for dates including Friday, Saturday or Sunday are required to make the reservation to include all three nights and will be charged accordingly. You can arrive or depart on a weekend but you will be charged for the full weekend per our policy.
Check-in occurs at the 517 West 121st Street Security Desk, located between Amsterdam Avenue and Broadway. Guests must present photo ID upon check-in.
- Check-in is after 2:00pm
- Check-out is by 10:00am
We do not have rooms with double beds.
- Applications will not be processed until credit card information is received.
- You will be charged a $100.00 deposit when you are offered a space. The deposit is non-refundable once an assignment is confirmed. For those sending their deposit via check or money order, your credit card will only be charged should there be room incidentals and/or reservation cancellation fees.