Skip to navigation menu

Skip to main content

Student Policies and Procedures > Renters' Insurance

Site Navigation

Student Policies and Procedures

Renters' Insurance

All renters are encouraged to obtain renter's insurance to protect against losses of personal property resulting from theft, water, or fire damage. Renter's insurance is available from many insurance companies for reasonable premiums, typically under $200 per year. Most policies, in addition to providing you with coverage for property losses, will also provide you with some personal liability coverage. The College is not liable for any damage in your apartment no matter what the cause. Each tenant is responsible for protecting his/her own property through insurance coverage. Two of many companies that offer renters insurance to students are National Student Services, Inc. or CSI Insurance Agency, Inc.