Doctor of Education
Measurement and Evaluation Core Courses (18 points):
- HUDM 5059 Psychological measurement (3)
- HUDM 5250 Research practicum in measurement and evaluation (0-4)
- HUDM 6030 Multilevel and longitudinal analysis (3)
- HUDM 6051-6052 Psychometric theory I and II (3 each)
- HUDM 6055 Latent structure analysis (3)
And at least 9 points selected from the following or other courses selected in consultation with an advisor:
- HUDM 5058 Choice and decision making (3)
- HUDM 6552 Seminar: Selected topics in measurement theory (3)
And at least one evaluation course selected from the following:
- P8582 Program evaluation design for health policy and management (3) at Mailman School of Public Health
- P8640 Methods in program evaluation (3) at Mailman School of Public Health
- P8705 Evaluation of health programs (3) at Mailman School of Public Health
- T6414 Program evaluation in social services (3) at School of Social Work
Quantitative Methods and Research Design (27 points):
- HUDM 4122 Probability and statistical inference (3)
- HUDM 5122 Applied regression analysis (3)
- HUDM 5123 Linear models and experimental design (3)
- HUDM 5124 Multidimensional scaling and clustering (3)
- HUDM 6026 Statistical treatment ofmass data (3)
- HUDM 6122 Multivariate analysis I (3)
- P8120 Analysis of categorical data (3) at Mailman School of Public Health
- HUDM 7500 Dissertation seminar (1-3 each for two semesters)
- HUDM 8900 Dissertation advisement (0)
Psychology (minimum of 18 points):
In consultation with an advisor, a group of courses aimed at substantive preparation in the field of psychology.
Related Courses (minimum of 6 points):
Selected in consultation with an advisor from the areas of curriculum development, guidance, applied human development, supervision, and administration.
Electives (maximum of 10 points):
Selected to meet special interests and needs.
Special Requirements: The first two years require full-time study. An empirical paper
and a research paper, certification examination, and completion of an approved doctoral dissertation, are also required.