Mission StatementSkip to content Skip to main navigation
Office of Institutional Studies
Welcome to the Office of Institutional Studies
The mission of the Office of Institutional Studies is to enhance the policies and practices of Teachers College through research, analysis, and the dissemination of information to decision makers to support effective planning.
To serve the mission, the Office of Institutional Studies:
1. Analyzes institutional data and conducts original research to provide senior leadership with the data necessary to make informed decisions;
2. Develops strategies to predict and maximize future enrollment profiles through the examination of application and enrollment trends;
3. Uses market related research to assess current programs and to facilitate in the development of new programs;
4. Manages the distribution and analysis of student surveys and course evaluations;
5. Compiles and organizes the College's responses to large scale surveys such as IPEDs, NYSED, and US News and World Report;
6. Researches and monitors trends at competitor institutions.