Application TimelineSkip to content Skip to main navigation
Office of International Affairs
- Submit your Visiting Scholar application and supplemental materials to OIA, attention Blessing Nuga (email@example.com). For forms and other information, see the “Visiting Scholars” section on the OIA website.*
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application and supplemental materials. If you do not receive this email within one week of submitting your application, please email the program manager, Blessing Nuga.**
- If approved, you will receive a notice of approval via email. In addition, per your selection on the application, you will receive either a link to the Cashnet system or the TC wire transfer document.
- Submit the appropriate fee: USD$400 for first time applicants and USD$100 for renewal applicants (please make sure to select the appropriate amount on the Cashnet website, as this fee is nonrefundable).
- Once payment is confirmed, your official letter of invitation will be emailed to you. If you are applying for TC J-1 visa sponsorship, please follow up with the Office of International Services for more information about the DS-2019.***
- Before your arrival, email the program manager, Blessing Nuga, to schedule a mandatory check-in appointment. Check-in is required for activation of TC resources (ID card, TC G-mail, etc.)
- If you are here on a J-1 visa, please check-in with the Office of International Services (OIS) immediately upon arrival at TC.
* Please allow up to 1-2 weeks for application processing. Direct all inquiries to the attention of Blessing Nuga (Nuga@tc.edu). If you are applying as a returning scholar, only ONE, 1-year renewal may be requested. The application must be received at least TWO MONTHS prior to the termination date of Visiting Scholar status to allow appropriate time to process visa paperwork if necessary. Please check with the Office of International Services for J-1 status extension eligibility.
** All applications and supplemental materials should be submitted to the attention of the program manager, Blessing Nuga, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note: "Visiting Scholar Application" in the subject of the email.
*** Office of International Services: 212-678-3939 | email@example.com