Caryn J. BlockTopics of Interest:
- The experiences of leaders in the demographic minority and the strategies they use to be successful in these environments
- The long-term effects of stereotype threat in the workplace
- The consequences of using gender and racial stereotypes in evaluations of leaders
Current Workgroup Members:
- Caryn Block, Ph.D.
- Ginevra Drinka, Ph.D. Student
- Eccho Hong, M.A. Student
- Jennifer Kim, M.A. Student
- Duoc Nguyen, Ph.D. Student
Workgroup Members Continuing Work on Projects and Papers:
- Maura Bairley, Ph.D. Student
- Mekayla Castro, Ph.D.
- Mateo Cruz, Ph.D. Student
- Dyan Ferraris, Ph.D. Student
- Taly Harel-Marian, Ph.D. Student
- Tarani Merriweather, Ph.D. Student
- Understanding reactions of Asian-Americans to racial microaggressions in the workplace
- Making meaning of gendered cues in STEM fields in academic settings
- Working in stereotype threatening contexts: The case of women STEM faculty at a top tier research university
- What can be done? Potential solutions to ameliorating social identity threat for women scientists.
- Organizational dress as a response to gender inequity: The case of women scientists in academia
- Assessing stereotypes of Black male mangers, White male managers, Black female managers and White female managers using a diagnostic ratio approach.
- Assessing stereotypes of Black and White managers: A diagnostic ratio approach
- Diversity trainer preconceptions: The Effects of trainer race and gender on perceptions of diversity trainer effectiveness
- Block, C.J., Koch, S.M., Liberman, B.E., Merriweather, T.J., & Roberson, L. (2011). Contending with stereotype threat at work: A model of long-term responses. The Counseling Psychologist, 39(4), 570-600.
- Block, C.J., Aumann, K. & Chelin, A. (2012). Assessing stereotypes of Black and White managers: A diagnostic ratio approach. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 42, S1, E128-E149.
- Castro, M., Block, C.J., Ferraris, D. & Roberson, L. (2013). Was my social identity just threatened? Making meaning of gendered cues in STEM academe. Best Paper Proceedings, Academy of Management Conference, Orlando, Florida.
Research and Practice at Teachers College on Women and Leadership
Panel Discussion With Caryn Block, Sarah Brazaitis, Gina Buontempo and Debra Noumair
Sponsored by the TC Alumni Council
February 6th, 2014 at Teachers College
Information for interested applicants:
Please contact Caryn Block at firstname.lastname@example.org