Master of Education
The Ed.M. requires a minimum of 60 points and an integrative paper prepared as a culminating project.
Core courses (required):
- ORL 5521 Introduction to research methods in education (3), or equivalent with advisor approval
- ORLH 4010 Purposes and policies of higher education (3)
- ORLH 4011 Curriculum and instruction in higher education (3)
- ORLH 4020 College and university organization and administration (3), or equivalent
- ORLH 4031 Financial administration of higher education institutions (3)
- ORLH 5044 Theories of diversity in higher education (3)
- ORLH 5526 Advanced professional seminar: The literature of higher education (3)
- ORLH 5527 Advanced professional seminar: The college professoriate (3)
- ORLH 6511 Coordinating seminar in higher education (3)
- ORLH 6551 Advanced seminar in higher education II (3); or
- ORLH 5011 College teaching and learning (3)
- ORLH 6900 Research and independent study in higher education
- ORLH 6557/8 Research practicum in higher education, or other with advisor approval (3) (Integrative paper is prepared in this course.)
Of the remaining nine courses (27 points), six courses (18 points) should be within the Program. The remaining three courses (9 points) should be from outside the Program. All courses should relate conceptually, substantively, or methodologically to the student’s developing area of interest.
Internships may be open to Ed.M. students on a space-available basis but require approval of faculty advisor and program coordinator, including possible addition of course requirements.