Caryn J. BlockTopics of Interest:
- The experiences of leaders in the demographic minority and the strategies they use to be successful in these environments
- The long-term effects of stereotype threat in the workplace
- The consequences of using gender and racial stereotypes in evaluations of leaders
Current Workgroup Members:
- Caryn Block, Ph.D.
- Ariel Bernstein, Ph.D. Student
- Joe Dillard, Ph.D. Student
- Ginevra Drinka, Ph.D. Student
- Eccho Yu, M.A. Student
- Jennifer Kim, M.A. Student
- Duoc Nguyen, Ph.D. Student
- Danielle Pfaff, Ph.D. Student
Workgroup Members Continuing Work on Projects and Papers:
- Maura Bairley, Ph.D. Student
- Mekayla Castro, Ph.D.
- Mateo Cruz, Ph.D. Student
- Dyan Ferraris, Ph.D. Student
- Taly Harel-Marian, Ph.D. Student
- Tarani Merriweather, Ph.D. Student
- Understanding reactions of Asian-Americans to racial microaggressions in the workplace
- Making meaning of gendered cues in STEM fields in academic settings
- Working in stereotype threatening contexts: The case of women STEM faculty at a top tier research university
- What can be done? Potential solutions to ameliorating social identity threat for women scientists.
- Organizational dress as a response to gender inequity: The case of women scientists in academia
- Assessing stereotypes of Black male mangers, White male managers, Black female managers and White female managers using a diagnostic ratio approach.
- Assessing stereotypes of Black and White managers: A diagnostic ratio approach
- Diversity trainer preconceptions: The Effects of trainer race and gender on perceptions of diversity trainer effectiveness
- Block, C.J., Koch, S.M., Liberman, B.E., Merriweather, T.J., & Roberson, L. (2011). Contending with stereotype threat at work: A model of long-term responses. The Counseling Psychologist, 39(4), 570-600.
- Block, C.J., Aumann, K. & Chelin, A. (2012). Assessing stereotypes of Black and White managers: A diagnostic ratio approach. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 42, S1, E128-E149.
- Castro, M., Block, C.J., Ferraris, D. & Roberson, L. (2013). Was my social identity just threatened? Making meaning of gendered cues in STEM academe. Best Paper Proceedings, Academy of Management Conference, Orlando, Florida.
Information for interested applicants:
Please contact Caryn Block at firstname.lastname@example.org