Innovative EducatorsSkip to content Skip to main navigation
Teacher Education at Teachers College
The Innovative Educator Program is designed to encourage innovative and engaging classroom instruction.
To put in a request complete an “Innovative Educator Form" accessible here.
Candidates who submit a video of their lesson plan will be eligible to receive a $300 reimbursement for the edTPA fee!
- Be a current student teacher at TC
Steps to apply:
- Student submits an online application, innovative lesson plan, and a video of the lesson plan through Vialogue system or via Google. The video must be submitted in its entirety. An additional 5-20 minute clip highlighting portions of the lesson may also be submitted.
- If the lesson is deemed as innovative by a special comittee, student teacher receives $300 as a reimbursement for the edTPA fee.
Go to www.vialogues.com to create an account for free!
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
The lesson plan:
- Ignites excitement for the content through the dynamic use of materials and allows for differentiated degrees of learning
- Offers a unique perspective to the topic(s) presented
- Fosters a sense of creative energy among students
Notes: 1) Any lesson plan template will be accepted and must consist of a list of objectives, materials, procedures,
and evaluation method(s). 2) It CANNOT be a lesson plan submitted for edTPA.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 212.678.8219