Resources for Classroom ProgramsSkip to content Skip to main navigation
Teacher Education at Teachers College
Resources for Classroom Programs
*APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED Oct. 2, 2017-Dec. 1, 2017 for the Fall Semester and Feb. 1, 2018-March 31, 2018 for the Spring*
Description of Program
The Resources for Classrooms Program is designed to support educators with materials for the classroom and provide opportunities for engaging instruction.
- Be a current cooperating teacher hosting a student teacher from Teachers College (TC) or
- Be a current student teacher in a teacher certification program at TC
Types of Materials
The materials must be consumed by the students and used in a classroom setting. If a teacher leaves, the materials must remain in the school. Basic supplies such as science kits or class sets of books will be approved. Items such as photocopy machines, pedagogical books designed for teachers, etc. will not be approved since they will not be used directly inside of a classroom. Note: iPads and other Apple devices will not be approved.
How to Put in a Request
Complete a “Resource Request Form” and send it to email@example.com or fax it to 212-678-3153, Attention: Julia Yu.
Resource Request Form-PDF (Attached below)
Approval for a project will be granted within 5 days after the submission of the “Resource Request Form.” If funding is approved, the teacher submitting the forms must purchase all the materials and send original itemized receipts to Julia Yu within 30 days or lose funding.
Mail receipts to:
Associate Director, School-based Support Services
Teachers College, Columbia University
525 West 120 Street, Box 97
New York, NY 10027
A reimbursement check will be mailed within 30 days after the office receives the receipts. Please keep a copy of all receipts for your own records.
- Teacher submits a “Resource Request Form”
- Teacher receives approval or notice of disapproval for the project within 5 days
- If approved, teacher purchases all materials within30 days or loses funding
- Teacher submits original itemized receipts to the Office of Teacher Education
- Teacher receives a reimbursement check within 30 days of receipt submission
- End of school year: All winners showcase their projects at Teachers College
Terms of Funding
A maximum of $300 will be approved per classroom per semester. Funds must be used for materials inside the classroom. Costs associated with field trips or after school activities are not eligible.
End of Year Event
All winners will be invited to participate in small group "Sharing Circles" at Teachers College in the spring. An overview of the project including the goals and objectives, process, and end results should be shared. Attendance at this event is a requirement in order to be eligible for funding in the next academic year.
Please contact Julia Yu at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 212.678.8219 with any questions or concerns.