Activities Of The OfficeSkip to content Skip to main navigation
The Office Of The Ombuds
Activities Of The Office
- Listens to concerns and clarifies the issues in a situation or a problem.
- Gathers information about the source and conditions of a problem, provides information about other resources for help or makes referrals when necessary.
- Evaluates a range of solutions and options with the visitor.
- Offers coaching in how to solve a problem.
- Provides needed information about relevant Teachers College policies and practices.
- Creates avenues for communication among those involved in solving a problem, including setting up meetings when necessary.
- Facilitates a collaboration of the parties involved in finding or mediating a solution.
- Identifies issues and trends in problems and concerns common to those seeking help for the consideration of the College community as whole.
The Ombuds does not:
- Make binding decisions on finding of fact.
- Mandate policies for Teachers College.
- Act as an agent of the College.
- Offer legal advice.
- Provide psychological counseling.