Administration: Admission Requirements
- A Baccalaureate degree in accordance with Teachers College admission requirements.
- Current Registered Nurse Licensure in a state in the United States of America or in a province of Canada.
- For students from other countries, a current permit from the New York State Board of Nursing is required to practice nursing. In addition, students from other countries must have a license to practice from their own country. International students should also contact the Office of Admissions for further application requirements.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better in undergraduate coursework. Applicants are expected to formally document fulfillment of this requirement upon admission.
- One year of continuous post-baccalaureate fulltime nursing or healthcare management experience is required for administration studies. Applicants are expected to formally document fulfillment of this requirement upon admission.
- Potential candidates who do not meet these admission standards but who can demonstrate substantial ability may petition the Faculty of the Executive Program for Nurses to be considered for admission based on evidence of other pertinent aptitudes and experiences.
The accelerated Master of Arts program has ongoing admissions every semester.