About Student Teaching
Student Teachers Introduction
The student teaching experience provides pre-service teachers the space and opportunity to learn how to ask important questions about teaching and learning, come to know children and adolescents by observing and interacting with them consistently over time, apply newly acquired knowledge, theories, strategies and models in a variety of contexts within and across classrooms, and experiment with, design and adapt practice according to learners' needs.
During the student teaching experience, pre-service teachers are guided and instructed by two key individuals - the cooperating or mentor teacher, and the university supervisor. While both work collaboratively to support the growth and development of the student teacher, each assumes a very specific role.
*Need to know about the New Teaching Certification Requirements (edTPA)? See the edTPA Information Slide below. Students should register and submit to Pearson at www.edtpa.com
Student Teaching Forms and Resources
ATTENTION: ALL student teachers INCLUDING INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS MUST be fingerprinted before student teaching in the Fall of 2015 and thereafter.
- 2015 - 2016 Student Teaching Handbook
- 2015 - 2016 Student Teaching Packet
- Checklist for Certification and 2 Step Certification Process
- Clearance Documents Chart
- Placement Diversity Report
- Record of Hours Form
- Resources for Classroom Program Request Form - Online
- Resources for Classroom Program Request Form - Download
- TB Test Form
- edTPA_PowerPoint (PDF)
- edTPA Resources (on Moodle) for TC Students
- First Steps
- Where to Find edTPA Info