Application Process

Skip to content Skip to main navigation
Teachers College, Columbia University
Printer-friendly Version
Teachers College, Columbia University Logo

Peace Corps Fellows Program

Admissions and Deadlines

Applicants must apply through the Teachers College application portal and complete both the Teachers College application indicating your academic program of interest and the Peace Corps Fellows Program supplementary application questions. 

In 2015, the New York State Legislature approved a law stipulating that applicants to teacher preparation programs, including education leadership programs, must submit official scores of a graduate school entrance examination. To be in compliance with this New York State regulation, Teachers College requires official results of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) which fulfills the entrance exam requirement.

Teachers College Admissions

Deadline for a mid-January Start Date: November 1, 2017

Programs with a January Start Date

Deadline for a mid-May Start Date: January 15, 2018

Programs with a May Start Date


Peace Corps Fellows Program Supplementary Application

The completed PCFP supplementary application includes:

  • Peace Corps Fellows Applicant Information Form
  • Peace Corps Description of Service (official, signed DOS)
  • Peace Corps Fellows Essays
  • After the TC application and Peace Corps Fellows supplementary materials have been reviewed, selected applicants will be contacted regarding individual interviews.


The Director and Assistant Director of the Peace Corps Fellows Program will interview selected applicants. Please bring your resume and any other supplementary materials you wish to share with your interviewers. Applicants may be asked to do a school visit. School visits typically consist of an applicant observing a current Fellow teaching and then interviewing with program staff. Interviews via Skype or other web call services can be arranged for applicants who are unable to visit between September and February.

Financial Aid

  • File the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2017-18 academic year
  • Complete the Scholarship Application Form

Office of Residential Services

File the online housing application if you are interested in living on-campus. This can be done before receiving notification of admission.

For further details regarding the application process and requirements, please visit TC Admissions.