Philosophy and Education
Teachers College, Columbia University
Skip to navigation menu
Skip to main content
- January 24 Ren V. Arcilla, Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Humanities and the Social Sciences in the Professions, Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development, New York University
"Perfectionism's Educational Address"
- February 7 Inna Semetsky, The Research Institute of Advanced Studies for Humanity, University of Newcastle, Australia
"Dewey, Deleuze and Educational Experience"
- February 14 Laura De Sisto, Lawrence University Fellow in the Liberal Arts and Sciences
"Education is a Humanism: Reconceptualizing the Activity of Teaching and Learning"
- March 6 Avi Mintz, Program in Philosophy and Education, Teachers College, Columbia University
"The Labor of Learning: A study of the Role of Pain in Education"
- April 17 Douglas S. Hutchinson, Fellow of Trinity College and Professor of Philosophy, University of Toronto, Canada
"Principles of Higher Education in Aristotle's Lost Dialogue "Protrepticus to Philosophy"
- May 1 Thomas James, Provost and Professor of History and Education, Teachers College, Columbia University
"Young Kurt Hahn: Wellsprings of Experience in Education"