Philosophy and Education
Teachers College, Columbia University
Skip to navigation menu
Skip to main content
- January 22 Professor Lydia Goehr, Columbia University
"All About Eve: Contest and Hubris in Politics and the Arts (from the Ancients to the Moderns)"
- February 5 Professor David Granger, State University of New York at Geneseo
"John Dewey, Albert Barnes, and the Experience of Art: From Thomas Hart Benton to Jackson Pollock and Beyond"
- February 19 Professor Shaireen Rasheed, Long Island University
"Sexualized Spaces in Public Places: Women, Islam and a Phenomenological Ethics of the Erotic"
- March 5 Professor Caroline Heller, Lesley University
"At the Archives: Finding the Building Blocks of Thought that Hover Over Our Lives"
- March 26 Professor Anne-Marie Drouin-Hans, Universit de Dijon, Cte d'Or (France), Prsident de la Socit Francophone de Philosophie de l'ducation
"Utopia as a Tool for Analyzing Education"
- April 9 Professor Jin Shenghong, Nanjing Normal University (China)
"Vindicating Philosophy of Education in Our Time"
- April 23 Mark Jonas, Program in Philosophy and Education, Teachers College, Columbia University
"Friedrich Nietzsche and the Democratic Promise of Education"
- April 30 Professor Philip W. Jackson, University of Chicago
"Philosophical Thoughts on the Final Day of Poetry Month"