Colloquium/EventsThe Colloquium in Philosophy and Education (A&HF 5600) is intended for all masters and doctoral students in the program in philosophy and education. Others who are interested in attending a session should consult Professor David Hansen.
Spring 2013 Schedule
A&HF 5600: Colloquium in Philosophy and Education (0-2 points)
Dates: Thursdays indicated below
Time: 5:30-7:00pm, followed by reception 7:00-8:00pm
Location: Private Dining Room (GDH), unless otherwise specified
- January 24 "Questioning Neuroscience and Education: Neuropragmatism as Transactional realism."
Deron Boyles, Georgia State University
- February 7 "Evangelism as Mutual Transformation: Toward an Ethic for Exclusivist Christians in a Pluralist Context"
Natasha Levinson, Kent State University
- February 21 "Music Teacher Quality and Expertise"
Randall Allsup, Program in Music Education, Teachers College
- March 7 Title to be announced
Jessica Hochman, Pratt Institute
- March 28 "Distributed Learning and the Width of Culture: Habitual Grooves, Irrigated Halls, Alluvial Fans, P2P Networks, Torrents, and Bottlenecks, from Plato to Dewey to Anonymous"
Chris Moffett, Program in Philosophy and Education
- April 18 "Practicing Philosophy in Education: On Philosophical Experiences in Brazilian Public Schools" (Co-Sponsored with ALAS)
Walter Kohan, Universidad del Estado de Rio de Janeiro
- May 2 "A Cosmopolitan Perspective on Values and Value Creation"
Gonzalo Obelleiro, Program in Philosophy and Education