Call for Proposals
Submit Your Proposal
In addition to this year's conference theme, "#hoodiesup2015: breaking cycles of violence, building alliances, mobilizing resources", other timely topics are welcome for consideration in the conference program. Proposals from advanced doctoral students and recent graduates are encouraged.
The proposal submission deadline is October 25, 2014.
1. Proposals must be submitted online.
2. Proposals sent via mail or email will be rejected.
3. Proposals for all categories of presentations should consist of an abstract (maximum 400 words).
TYPES OF PRESENTATIONS
1. PAPERS are 50 minute individual presentations.
2. SYMPOSIA are 50 minute sessions in which no more than four people may present.
3. WORKSHOPS are 2 and 3 hour programs designed to provide participants with practical experience and specific skills
(Please note: Within your proposal, indicate the number of minutes your workshop will be.)
4. STUDENT POSTER PRESENTATIONS are opportunities for master's and doctoral students in psychology and education to present their recent scholarships during an hour-long poster session. A student must be the first author on all poster presentation submissions, and each submission should contain no more than four authors.
Complimentary registration will be provided to the first authors of accepted poster presentations.
Thank you to Joseph G. Ponterotto, J. Manuel Casas, Lisa A. Suzuki, and Charlene M. Alexander, the editors of the Handbook of Multicultural Counseling (3rd edition), a student scholarship fund has been established. Students whose poster presentation proposals are accepted will receive free registration to the Winter Roundtable and a $100 stipend. On posters with multiple authors, the scholarship will be awarded to the first author only.
5. ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSIONS are 1 hour dialogues about a broad theme of cultural relevance in psychology and education. Each theme consists of smaller discussion groups that address various sub-themes pertaining to the general theme. There should be no more than four sub-themes proposed for each general theme. In addition, no more than four people may be involved in facilitating discussions for one particular general theme.
All abstracts should include:
1. A clear outline of the major ideas to be presented. For roundtable discussions, this outline should include information about the general theme, as well as the sub-themes that will serve as topics for discussion.
2. A summary of the research methodology, in the case of an empirical study.
3. A brief summary of the findings, in the case of an empirical study. For workshop submissions, in addition to the abstract you must also include a 50 word maximum description of the workshop, which includes the learning objectives.
(Please note: All poster presentation abstracts submitted should include preliminary or final results of the empirical research study.)
Proposals from advanced doctoral students and recent graduates are encouraged. In addition to this year's conference theme, other timely topics are welcomed for consideration in the conference program.
VERY IMPORTANT DETAILS
1. Decisions will only be announced via email.
2. Decision emails will be distributed during the first two weeks of December 2014.
2. Please ensure all email addresses entered during the proposal submission process are the preferred and accurate accounts to accept the decision messages.
3. On occasion, messages from "firstname.lastname@example.org" may be flagged as spam. If you do not receive a decision email during the first two weeks of December 2014, please check your spam folder.
4. All presenters and co-presenters of accepted paper, symposium, workshop, and roundtable discussion proposals are required to register and submit payment in full on or before January 15, 2015.
For technical assistance or for more information regarding proposal submissions please contact the conference coordinators.
Email: email@example.com, or Maryellen Novak at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please begin the subject line with "proposal submission".)
Telephone: (646) 239 - 3272
*All deadlines are at 11:59 p.m. EST of the specified day.