Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the certificate program in teaching Chinese to speakers of other languages (TCSOL) the same as a certification program?
3. Is scholarship available?
4. What type of certificate will I receive?
If you successfully complete the program of study, you will receive a certificate from Teachers College,
5. Is the student considered a full-time student in this program?
The student can be full-time or part-time, although the courses run on weekends.
6. Does this program accept international students?
Absolutely. International students must apply early in order to allow sufficient time for obtaining an entry visa, should they be accepted. The Program sponsors J-1 only. Click here for relevant information.
7. Do you accept application for the Spring semester? Can I start the program in Spring?
8. Can the course be taken online?
No, this is an offline program.
9. If I am taking TOEFL exam, what is the school code that I should provide to the TOEFL exam center?
You should provide the code for whichever school you are currently in and have the report sent to you there, which you can then submit to us as part of your application.
10. If I submit the last exam score, will it be the same for providing English proficiency?
11. What language proficiency score reports do you accept? Is there a minimum score requirement?