Skip to navigation menu

Skip to main content

Useful Resources > Reciprocity

Site Navigation

Upcoming Events

Useful Resources


Completion of New York certification requirements and Teachers College programs does not automatically translate into certification or licensure in other states.

If you plan on seeking certification outside of New York State, it will be to your advantage to investigate certification requirements for that state. While there is reciprocity between New York and many other states, there may be additional courses and exams required by the state where you seek certification. In most states, applicants may be issued a temporary license for one to two years, during which additional requirements must be completed.

More information can be found by contacting the State Department of Education or visiting the website of the state in which you are interested.

Please note, individual state requirements and contact information are subject to change.

For information regarding interstate agreement for Applicants from Other States, please click here.
For Information regarding the Department of Education in other states, kindly follow the links provided.