The TESOL Certificate Program offers an intensive summer program with a unique balance of practice and theory. Students explore teaching methodologies and theories of language learning, taking part in an integrated curriculum of courses, workshops, and supervised team student teaching. Topics include creating a learner-centered classroom, as well as teaching reading, writing, listening, speaking, and grammar. Language and culture, course and materials development, and assessment are also covered.Our students come from all over the world. Some are recent college graduates who want to travel and teach abroad. Others are professionals considering a career change, or teachers of English as a foreign language who wish to continue their professional development. The program runs under the auspices of the TESOL and Applied Linguistics Programs and the Department of Arts and Humanities.
Reach your Highest Potential as an English Teacher
- Explore different methodologies, materials, and technologies
- Learn more about language and theories of second language learning
- Engage in meaningful interactions with American and international colleagues
- Immerse yourself in English and in New York culture
- Connect to the Teachers College network from around the world