Keeping Dance Breaks Fun and Safe: Tips Sheet
- Make sure you will be dancing on a non-slippery surface.
- Remove potential tripping hazards, such as cables and wire, and ask students to push in their chairs.
- Have students stand apart from classmates so that they can perform the dance moves without injuring self or others.
- Create a designated dancing area so students know where to go without taking away too much time from their studies.
- Assess if any students have health conditions (such as joint problems or asthma) that may prevent them from participating in dance breaks.
- Be enthusiastic, use positive reinforcement, and have fun with your students.
- Don’t forget to stretch! After dance breaks, stretching helps students get cool and calm before returning to their seats.