Documents & Forms

Here you’ll find a list of frequently used documents and forms to help you stay on track with Financial Aid. Our forms are interactive PDFs that you can complete on your computer.

Here are instructions for completing these forms:

  • Use Adobe Acrobat to complete the forms.

  • Using your browser or Mac Preview will not allow us to properly view the documents.

  • Do not send PDFs using EchoSign.

  • If the interactive PDF option does not work for you, you are welcome to complete your form by hand, scan it as a regular PDF, and send it via e-mail to

  • You may also contact our office.

  • Always include your TC ID number on all documentation you submit to our office.

FAFSA Application

The 2018-2019 FAFSA is for the Fall 2018, Spring 2019, and Summer 2019 semesters. It is available now through June 30, 2019.

2018-2019 Forms

  • 2018-2019 Federal Aid Change Form - Use this form to make adjustments to your federal loans, Federal Work-Study, and/or Federal TEACH Grant. Please refer to the Accept Financial Aid page for instructions on accepting your initial award offer. Note: The deadline to submit any federal loan change requests for a given academic term is the last day of classes of that term (Fall, Spring and Summer).
  • 2018-2019 Repackaging Form - Use this form to make adjustments to your enrollment status (ie: part-time, three quarter-time, full-time). Submission of the Repackaging form will increase or decrease your financial aid eligibility based on your TC Cost of Attendance for enrollment and it is crucial for you to update your enrollment status with our office should your registration plans change throughout the academic year. Please refer to the Tuition and Fees page for information on TC’s Cost of Attendance and enrollment statuses.
  • 2018-2019 Scholarship Redistribution Form - This form will allow you to change the disbursement schedule of your scholarship. Please submit separate forms for each scholarship fund that you wish to adjust. Note that you cannot move scholarship funds from one academic year to another.

FAFSA Verification Documents

If your FAFSA has been selected for verification, please refer to your TC Student Portal as well as any e-mail communications from our office to view your ourstanding verification requirements. The verification process will require for you to submit additional forms and documentaton to our office to verify the accuracy of your FAFSA data. Please read the following instructions, complete the appropriate verification worksheet(s) and submit all appropriate documentation to our office to avoid delays in the packaging and disbursement of your federal aid.

Standard Verification Group (VW1) - Please complete the Income Verification Worksheet for Federal Student Aid Programs (VW1). In some cases, you may also need to complete an (for 19-20 only) Income and Expense Resource Form/(for 18-19 only) Low Income Verification Worksheet (LOWINC).

Custom Verification Group (VW4) - Please complete the Identity/Educational Purpose/H.S. Completion Verification Worksheet (VW4).

Aggregate Verification Group (VW5) - Please complete both the Income Verification Worksheet for Federal Student Aid Programs (VW5) and the Identity/Educationational Purpose and High School Completion Verification Worksheet (VW5). In some cases, you may also need to complete an (for 19-20 only) Income and Expense Resource Form/(for 18-19 only) Low Income Verification Worksheet (LOWINC).

2018-2019 Verification Documents

2019-2020 Verification Documents

Additional information is available below regarding IRS Tax Return Transcript retrieval.

Please contact us should you have any questions about the FAFSA verification process. In addition, you may be required to visit the Office of Financial Aid in person to provide these documents.

Federal Work-Study

  • For Federal Work-Study job postings, visit the TC Human Resources website.

  • Pertinent Federal Work-Study information regarding student eligibility, hiring and on-boarding processes is available on the Federal Work-Study page of our website.

Selective Service (for males only)

For students who have a Selective Service flag on their FAFSA and have not submitted a status information letter to our office, please click here to do so. If you have provided this document in a previous aid year but still see the flag on your FAFSA for a new aid year, please reach out to us directly. If you identify as female but have a Selective Service requirement on your FAFSA, please ensure that you have correctly answered the "male or female" question on the FAFSA. Females are not required to register for Selective Service.

Financial Aid Guides & Tools

Obtaining an IRS Tax Return Transcript for Verification Purposes:

  • Go to and click on the “Order a Return or Account Transcript” link. You may also call 1-800-908-9946 to place the order. Make sure to request the IRS Tax Return Transcript and not the “IRS Tax Account Transcript."

  • You will need your Social Security Number, date of birth, and the address on file with the IRS. Normally this will be the address used when your IRS tax return was filed.

  • If you are married and you and your spouse filed separate tax returns, you must submit tax return transcripts for both you and your spouse.

  • The IRS will send you (not Teachers College) a copy of the tax return transcript. You should make two copies: one for your records and one for ours.

Sign Up to Receive More Information

Sign Up to Receive More Information

Sign up to receive more information about Teachers College & receive:

  • Information Session Invitations
  • Academic Program Updates
  • Scholarship Information
  • And More