Alumni Career Development Webinars
The Online Career Development Speaker Series is a free series offered exclusively to Teachers College alumni and is brought to you by the Alumni Council and the Office of Career Education and Professional Development. The series covers a range of career topics, including career management, networking, social media, and leadership. Speakers from a variety of career backgrounds will share their approaches and tips to navigating today's employment world.
The best part? You don't have to leave your desk for any of these programs. And did we mention that it's free?
Do you have ideas for an upcoming webinar? Share them with us by choosing from the options below.
1) I want to host a webinar – here is my idea. (Presenter)
2) I know someone who would be a great webinar host. (Recommendation)
3) I have an idea for a topic to be covered in an upcoming webinar. (Topic Specific)
Co-sponsored by the Office of Career Education & Professional Development and Alumni Relations.
The views, opinions and positions expressed by the speakers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or positions of Teachers College or any employee thereof.
March 13: Creating a Climate for the Growth Mindset to Flourish | Courtney Brown (M.A. ’91)
April 18: The Craft of Creativity | Matthew Cronin (M.A. ’97)
- Knockout Presentations: Be Clear, Concise and Confident | Diane DiResta (M.S. '77)
- Networking for Introverts | Ruth Gotian (Ed.D. ’17)
- Tis the Season to Forgive: A Mindful Process to Deal with Stress | Kenneth Silvestri (Ed.D. ’81)
- Curiosity Based Learning: What If Curiosity Is a Learning Tool? | Matt Murrie (M.A. ’04)
- From Grumpy to Gritty: Using mindfulness to overcome employee resistance during organizational change | Shana Sharan (M.A. '04)
- How to Get Out of the Adjunct Zone | Antija Allen (Ed.D. '18)
- The Mindful Me | Pervis Taylor III (M.A.'17)
- How to Overcome A Career Slump | Lynn Berger (Ed.M. '90)
- Navigating the Independent School Career Landscape | Dean Fusto (M.A.'12)
- The Embodied Leadership: Building the Capacity for Mindfulness in Action | Carmela Bennett (Ed.D. '12)
- Tools and Resources for the ELL Job Seeker | Marisol Richmond (M.A. '94)
- Your Career Brand: Developing Your Career Persona through Social Media and in Person | Tamar Hofer (M.A. '06) and Karen Kerem (M.A. '06)
- Take This Job and LOVE It! How to Run a Successful Nutrition Private Practice and Consulting Business | Susan Weiner (M.S. '86)
- The Resilient Mindset Model: The Neuroscience of Mindful Choices | Donna Volpitta (Ed.D. '05)
- Emotional Intelligence: Redefining the 'Smart' Employee | Michael Brenner (Ed.D. '10)
- 7 Steps to Let Leadership, Culture & Strategy Thrive for Effective Collaboration | Dilshad Dayani (M.A. '08)
- Creating a Mentoring Culture | Lois Zachary (Ed.D. '86)
- 7 Technologies that are Changing Classroom Education | Khaitsa Wasiyo (Ed.D. '09)
- Workplace Wellness & Employee Engagement | Debra Wein (M.S. '94)
- Social and Emotional Learning for Children | Tonia Casarin (M.A. '15)
- Managing Your English Teaching Career in New York and Abroad | Rohini A. Parikh (M.A. '05)
- Differentiated Reading and Writing Instruction: Free Tools to Help All Students Improve | Jules Csillag (M.S. '10)
- The Self Esteem Game At Work™ | Miriam Reiss (M.A. '74)
- Do You Have a Sustainability Mindset | Isabel Rimanozcy (Ed.D. '10)
- Mindful Movement: The Evolution of the Somatic Arts and Conscious Arts, a Book Talk | Martha Eddy (Ed.D.'98)
- Education Startups & Entrepreneurship: Bringing Your Knowledge & Skills to the World | Gayle Allen (Ed.D. '08)
- Marketing Your Education: How to Highlight Your Classroom & Experiential Learning in Your Job Search | Francine Fabricant (M.E. '01)
- How Social Media & Slam Poetry Engage Underprivileged Students | Daniel Gallant (M.A. '04)