CIFLTE Online Foreign Language Learning | TCSOL Certificate The Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other LanguagesSkip to content Skip to main navigation
CIFLTE One-on-One Foreign Language Learning Program (COF)
CIFLTE One-on-One Foreign Language Learning (COF) offers state-of-the-art learning of foreign languages online (or in-person by request).
The main language offered is Chinese Mandarin, taught by Chinese instructors who are trained in cutting-edge, foreign language teaching methodology, at the Center for International Foreign Language Teacher Education (CIFLTE) at Teachers College, Columbia University.
Other languages are offered on demand. Please send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. [Other languages offered in the past include Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Persian/Farsi, French, and Arabic.]
What we offer:
- Both one-on-one and small-group* language lessons with well-trained language instructors.
- Level-appropriate instruction for everyone - from complete beginners to intermediate and advanced learners.
- Lessons tailored to specific needs.
- Flexibility in negotiating a schedule that works for you if you study with a private instructor.
- International? No problem! The one-one-one option can reach learners located anywhere with a high-speed Internet connection.
- 25 hours of live language lessons.
*Group classes will begin in Spring 2020 (more info TBA). There will be no more than 5 students in each class. All group classes are only offered on campus at Teachers College.
This program is ideal for learners who:
- are looking to develop proficiency in Chinese Mandarin (or other languages)
- wish to do business with target-language regions
- are interested in exploring and traveling target-language regions
- are looking to be taught, by an authentic and well-qualified instructor, without having to travel a long distance to do so
- have a hectic schedule and need to learn at a time that is convenient
- are in need of lessons specifically tailored to personal learning goals
Why choose COF at CIFLTE?
Here, at the Center for International Foreign Language Teacher Education (CIFLTE), we pride ourselves on being at the forefront of language teaching and learning. Our distinguished faculty, hailing from Teachers College, Columbia University, put our instructors through an academically rigorous training program, designed using state-of-the-art educational research that provides a quality of training that is simply unmatched.
How to apply:
To apply, please submit an application form.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.