Stay Involved | TESOL Certificate Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages CertificationSkip to content Skip to main navigation
TESOL Certificate Program
Teachers College, Columbia University
Join the TCP Alumni Listserv
The TESOL Certificate Program emails alumni about four times a year with program updates, events, and teaching opportunities. If you aren't receiving emails already, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, year of attendance, and your most up-to-date email address to be added to the listserv.
Be Featured on the TCP Blog
Did you know the TESOL Certificate Program has a blog? The blog is intended to be a resource for prospective students, as well as a way to stay connected for current students and alumni. Posts include interviews with faculty and students, application advice, highlights from Teachers College, and more. Alumni profiles are one of the most useful features for prospective students considering the program and that's where alumni can help. If you are willing to be featured, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- First name
- Year attended
- Favorite part of the program
- Current occupation
- Advice for students considering applying for the program
- A picture
Speak with a Prospective Student
Speaking with someone who has been through the program is very valuable as applicants decide whether the TESOL Certificate Program is right for them.
Below are a few guidelines to give you a better sense of what to expect during this process:
- You will only be assigned 1-2 prospective students every few months, most likely closer to the application deadlines of April and August.
- If the prospective student asks detailed questions about the application or curriculum that you are unable to answer, you can always pass them back to our office.
- We understand that life can become busy when you least expect it. If you ever wish to stop being assigned prospective students, all you need to do is call or email our office.
If you are willing to help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and graduation year.
Attend the Open House
Each spring, the TESOL Certificate Program hosts an Open House for prospective students, current students, and alumni. This is a great opportunity to reconnect with former classmates and network with students from other years. Information about the upcoming Open House will be included in the announcements section of the website and invitations will be sent to all alumni on the listserv.