OpportunitiesSkip to content Skip to main navigation
George Clement Bond Center for African Education
Teachers College, Columbia University
George Clement Bond Center for African Education Internship Position: Spring 2018
The Center seeks a part-time intern for the spring 2018 semester. The internship is unpaid but can be taken for internship credit.
Requirements: This position is only open to currently enrolled TC students. Student must commit to working for the full semester for approximately 10 hours a week. Position begins immediately.
▪ Assist in the planning and organizing of events including logistics and publicizing events to the TC, Columbia, and broader NYC community
▪ Assist with the planning and implementation of a teacher professional development event in the spring of 2018
▪ Assist in the editing and production of the spring 2018 African Education In Focus newsletter
▪ Assist in updating the Center’s website and social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter)
▪ Take the lead in cataloging and organizing the CAE library
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
▪ Knowledge and experience of educational issues in African countries and the African Diaspora
▪ Strong communication, research, writing, and editing skills
▪ Experience with event planning, managing and coordinating programs, and with budgets
▪ Experience with publicity and/or marketing
▪ Experience managing website and social networking sites
▪ Experience using Microsoft Publisher
▪ Self-directed, problem-solver, interest in proposing new ideas and projects, ability to work independently and within a team
How to Apply:
Please email resume, cover letter and names of two references by February 2nd, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: CAE Intern.