Making a gift to TC at year-end?
We can help.
Considering a gift of stock to Teachers College? This link will take you to our Stock Transfer Transmittal form. You can fill it out yourself or you can send it along to your broker who can execute your wishes.
Please note that gifts of stock, especially at the end of the calendar year are a quite popular vehicle for giving, and paperwork can be delayed by sheer volume. In order to ensure that your gift will be completed for the year 2017, you should make your gift at least seven to ten working days before December 31.
Please send us an email with the details of your gift to firstname.lastname@example.org including name of stock and number of shares. You would be surprised how many stock gifts are received that have no personal information. Make sure your gift is properly acknowledged and recorded
Another popular and relatively easy way to give is through your Individual Retirement Account (IRA).
Here is how it works:
- You must be at least 70 ½ year old
- This can be counted towards your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)
- Only a gift from a qualified 401k or Roth IRA is eligible
- A gift can be up to $100,000
- You will not receive a charitable deduction on your gift, but the gift is totally free from any tax liability on your part.
- Gift must come to Teachers College directly from your plan administrator.
Once again please let us know of your gift by emailing us at email@example.com, as many plan administrators do not include donor names on the check.
Please keep in mind that Teachers College will be closed during that holiday week -- Monday, December 25th up to and including Tuesday, January 2nd.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please use the gift planning link (above) or call.
TC Development Office at 212-678-3231