Why TC Students?Skip to content Skip to main navigation
Why TC Students?
Thank you for your interest in connecting with the exceptional student and alumni talent at Teachers College, Columbia University. Founded in 1887, Teachers College is the oldest and largest graduate school of education in the United States. We are extremely proud of the numerous program offerings that prepare our graduates to become innovators and leaders. Our focus on a rigorous and diverse education encompassing the health, education, leadership and psychology sectors encourages our students to think critically and ultimately transform theory into practice, in an ever-changing and challenging world.
Teachers College, Columbia University At a Glance, 2017-2018
- Teachers College continues to be ranked among the nation’s 10 best by US News and World Report
- Over 5,000 current students studying in the areas of Education, Health, Psychology, and Leadership
- 70% Masters Students; 24% Doctoral Students; 2% Advanced Certificates; 4% Non Degree
- 77% Female; 23% Male
- 45% Ethnic/Racial Minority
- Average enrolled student is 31 years old
- 47 states represented
- 73 countries represented
- 57% part-time students