Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (TCSOL)
Fall 2018 - Spring 2019
September 14, 2018 - May 17, 2019
The Certificate Program in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (TCSOL) provides state-of-the-art training in Chinese pedagogy. Developed and taught by a world-class team of experts, the program offers a cutting-edge curriculum that sets trainees on a fast and efficient track to gain knowledge and skills necessary for operating effectively in current and future classrooms in various contexts.
2018-2019 TCSOL Certificate program
Fall 2018 – Spring 2019
- A 12 week(end)s over one academic year certificate program (Fall 2018 and Spring 2019) in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (TCSOL)
- Accelerated program ideal for both pre-service and in-service teachers
- Perfect for College seniors or recent graduates majoring in Chinese studies, guest teachers from China or other Chinese-speaking regions, Mandarin speakers in the U.S. certified to teach other subjects or not yet certified in any subject, and career-changers
We are currently accepting applications for the 2018-2019 academic year. Space is limited. Click here for information on how to apply. Please file your application as soon as possible.
Application deadlines for Fall 2018 - Spring 2019 are :
- March 15, 2018 (priority deadline)
- July 31, 2018 (Final deadline for those who need visa sponsorship)
- August 31, 2018 (Final deadline for those who do not need visa sponsorship)
** Note: If you are an international student and need J-1 sponsorship from Teachers College, Columbia University to attend the program, please apply as early as possible so you have enough time for visa application which usually takes a few months to prepare. **