Introduction to Electrocardiography for Allied Health Professionals
February 19, 2018 - April 21, 2018
8 week (asynchronous) course
Registration Fee: $595 per participant
Registration closes at 5:00pm EST on February 12, 2018
Join our 8-week online course designed for students and working professionals to gain advanced specialty qualifications in the field of Exercise Physiology. The course includes multiple modules that will cover:
- electrophysiological and mechanical physiological processes underlying the ECG
- understanding basic ECG wave forms
- determination of rate, rhythm, intervals, voltage, and electrical axis
- understanding the criteria for recognition of common ECG abnormalities such as hypertrophy, myocardial infarction and ischemia, arrhythmias, et cetera.
The course will take about 3-4 hours per week to complete the lessons in each weekly module, quizzes and the optional reading.
Recommended Optional Text: Thaler, Malcolm S. The Only EKG Book You will Ever Need. 8th Ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, 2015. Available in paperback and Kindle. ISBN-13: 978-1451193947
Units Awarded: 1.6 NASM CEUs and 16 AFAA CEUs
Who Should Attend?
- Practitioners in Exercise Physiology/Kinesiology
- Graduate Students in Movement Sciences and Education programs (at Teachers College and other Graduate Schools)
- Professionals employed in positions where the ability to read an ECG is a required skill.
Carol Ewing Garber
Director, Graduate Program in Applied Physiology
Shirit Chaia-Rivka Rosenberg
Lead Instructor and Assistant Professor, Teachers College
All participants who complete the online course during the specified enrollment period will receive a Certificate of Completion and 1.6 NASM CEUs and 16 AFAA CEUs.
Teachers College, Columbia University is recognized by the National Academy of Sports Medicine as a Continuing Education Provider.
Teachers College, Columbia University is recognized by the Athletics and Fitness Association of America as a Continuing Education Provider.