Flex AccountSkip to content Skip to main navigation
Columbia University administers a program called Flex that is available to all students, faculty and staff of all affiliated institutions. Students, faculty and staff automatically have a Flex account on their ID cards when they arrive at Teachers College.
Flex is a dollar-for-dollar declining balance account accessed through your TC ID card. Flex can be used at CU libraries for photocopies, and CU dining facilities, the Campus Bookstore in Lerner Hall and at many off-campus locations. Please visit Accepted Flex Locations (hyperlink)for more information and to view the map. Please note that alcoholic beverages, tobacco and gift cards cannot be purchased through Flex. Flex purchases are taxable.
Your Flex account rolls over from year to year, but expires upon graduation. You can make deposits to your Flex account at the Customer Service Center in 125 Wallach Hall.
If you lose your TC ID, please go to Card Services, Whittier Hall 1B, immediately to deactivate your card. A new card will be generated; and you will need to pay for the replacement. Please be aware that you remain responsible for card usage prior to deactivation.
The program is setup and administered through Columbia University and governed by all policy and procedures/terms and conditions created by them. Please send any questions, comments, or suggestions you may have on the Flex Programs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flex Dollars can be used to pay for copies in the Russell Library and the many dining outlets at Columbia University.
Also, students, faculty and staff can use Flex Dollars at many area merchants. Click the below link to find out which merchants accepts Flex Dollars as many offer some wonderful deal.
Terms & Conditions
- Only currently enrolled students may participate in the TC DOLLAR$ .
- All TC DOLLAR$ accounts have beginning balance of zero every September 1, meaning past academic year balances do not roll forward.
- Funds in the TC DOLLAR$ account may only be used from September 1 through the last class day of Summer Session B of the academic calendar year at Teachers College. Students who are graduating anytime during the academic calendar year must use their balance before their commencement date.
All unused in the account as of midnight on the last class day of Summer Session B (or date of commencement for graduating students) will be forfeited.
- Value additions are usually instantaneous, but sometime may be delayed by network traffic.
- No interest or other earning will be paid to the holder or credited by Teachers College
- Refunds or withdrawals are not issued or allowed.
- Cashiers at Grace Dodge Cafeteria and the Everett Library can provided available account balances to students upon request.
- TC DOLLAR$ accounts are not transferrable to other accounts or to other people.
- TC DOLLAR$ can only be used to purchase food and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Teachers College is not responsible for any loss due to lost or stolen cards and you will not be reimbursed. Lost or Stolen ID cards should be reported immediately to the Office of Card Services at 212-678-3235, or email to email@example.com.