January-June 2022 Publications from the DLL Lab and Collaborators:
- Sawyer, B.E., Hammer, C.S., Santoro, J.K., Smith, J.C., & Feil, E.G. (2022). Developing Parents Plus: A parent-implemented intervention for young children with developmental language disorders. Infants and Young Children, 35(3), 205-221. https://doi.org/10.1097/IYC.0000000000000219
- Escobar, K., Smith, J.C., Hammer, C.S., & Rodríguez, B. (2022). Bilingual langauge acquisition and the child socialization process. In Goldstein, B. (Ed.), Bilingual language development and disorders in Spanish-English speakers (3rd ed., pp. 45-65). Baltimore, MD: Brookes Publishing Co.
- Hammer, C.S., Cycyk, L.M., Scarpino, S.E., Jury, K.A., & Sawyer, B.E. (2022). Development of the CECER-DLL child and family questionnaire: A new tool for documenting the language and literacy experiences of Latino/a dual language learners. International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism, 25(6), 2018-2040. https://doi.org/10.1080/13670050.2020.1840507
- Larson, A.L., Baralt, M., Hokenson, J., Hammer, C.S., Barrett, T., & DeVilbiss, N. (2022). A randomized controlled trial assessing the effectiveness of the Háblame Bebé mobile application with Spanish-speaking mothers experiencing economic hardship. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 31(2), 722-738. https://doi.org/10.1044/2021_AJSLP-21-00094
January-June 2022 Presentations from the DLL Lab and Collaborators:
- Hammer, C.S., Wasik, B., Anderson, K. & Smith, J.C. (2022, February 7-10). An evidence-based professional development program to promote young English learners’ language and early literacy skills [Conference session]. National Association for Bilingual Education Conference, New York, NY.
- Smith, J.C., Anderson, K., Hammer, C.S., & Wasik, B. (2022, February 7-10). From evidence to practice: Implementing strategies for dual language learners in the preschool classroom [Conference session]. National Association for Bilingual Education Conference, New York, NY.
- Keffala, B., Hammer, C.S., Vail, C., Mehta, K., Smith, J.C., & Wasik, B.A. (2022, February 10-12). Teaching DLLs during COVID-19: Teaching modality affects instructional practices, language use, and caregiver engagement [Poster presentation]. Conference on Research Innovations in Early Intervention, San Diego, CA.