Join us for an alumni panel discussion of Equity Visits: A New Approach to Supporting Equity-Focused School and District Leadership, a new book co-written by Rachel Roegman (Ed.D. ’14), David Allen (Ed.D. ’09), and Larry Leverett (Ed.D. ’92), and TC faculty member Thomas Hatch.
Roegman, Allen and Leverett with be joined in conversation by Marcia V. Lyles (Ed.D. ‘92) and Jorden Schiff (see below for more information about each panelist). The panel, moderated by Professor Mark Gooden, will discuss equity visits, the importance of instruction and equity together, and real life examples of superintendents utilizing equity visits (types of situations, challenges faced, etc.).
Date: Wednesday, February 5
Time: 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Location: Teachers College
Grace Dodge room 177/179
525 West 120th St
New York, NY 10027
1. Marcia V. Lyles, Ed. D., Member, New Jersey Network of Superintendents
2. Jorden Schiff, Ed.D., Member, New Jersey Network of Superintendents
3. Larry Leverett, Ed.D., Senior Manager, Leverett Education Consulting, and Co-Founder of the New Jersey Network of Superintendents
4. Rachel Roegman, Ed. D., Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
5. David Allen, Ed. D., Associate Professor, College of Staten Island, The City University of New York