Additional ServicesSkip to content Skip to main navigation
Office of Facilities Management
Upgrading current equipment based on departmental needs and/or requesting special custodial services are a chargeable item. For example, upgrades to departmental electrical systems necessitated by new equipment, upgrades to plumbing system necessitated by new equipment, etc. Upgrading any physical space, - installation of new flooring, new lighting, new locks, new doors, painting, etc. – is a chargeable item.
The charges are for the actual cost of the work (labor and materials). There is no percentage markup applied by the Office of Facilities. In instances where work must be completed by outside contractors the Office of Facilities will set bids and manage the project.
In some cases labor charges will apply for event setups (or other work) whenever that work is occurring outside of regular business hours (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday).
The following are examples of supplementary chargeable custodial services available to requesting departments. This list is not exhaustive; many other detail cleaning services are also available.
- Stripping and refinishing vinyl tile flooring (other than the annual service provided in routine cleaning).
- Shampooing carpeting (other than the annual service provided in routine cleaning).
- Machine scrubbing of lavatory flooring (other than the annual service provided in routine cleaning).
- Interior window cleaning (other than the annual service provided in routine cleaning).
- "Pre-event" cleaning (e.g., carpet shampooing, window washing, vinyl floor scrubbing and buffing, etc.).
- "During-event" services (e.g. restroom and corridor cleaning).
- "Post-event" cleaning (clean-ups following parties, receptions, catered events, etc.).
Supplemental custodial services are always chargeable to the requesting department, and are billed at an hourly labor rate. Estimates are available for supplemental custodial services. Please contact the Office of Facilities Management to arrange for an estimate for supplementary services.
All routine maintenance/repair work on centrally owned College equipment (plumbing systems, HVAC systems, electrical systems and general custodial service) is handled on a non-chargeable basis.