The Certificate in Advanced Diabetes Topics requires satisfactory completion of 16 course points. The program may be completed in three to five academic terms. Two courses are offered in the fall, one in the spring, and two in the summer term.
Required Diabetes Related Core Courses (16 points):
- HBSD 4110 Behavior change strategies for diabetes prevention and control (3)
- HBSD 4120 Pathophysiology of diabetes and its complications (3)
- HBSD 4130 Assessment of the person with diabetes (3)
- HBSD 4140 Preventive and therapeutic interventions in diabetes management (4)
- HBSD 4150 Diabetes self-management education (DSME) programs: Development, implementation, and evaluation (3)