Careers and Internship | Teachers College Columbia UniversitySkip to content Skip to main navigation
In the Department of Health & Behavior Studies
Careers in Nutrition
Graduates of the Teachers College Program in Nutrition have gone on to pursue a variety of careers. Below is a list that provides a snapshot of where some of the Program's graduates are today:
- EB is a nutrition educator at Cornell Cooperative Extension and presents nutrition workshops to low-income families throughout Westchester County.
- CR is the community nutritionist for the Food Bank of New York City.
- JJ is the creator and performer of “Jump with Jill” an innovative program designed to teach school-aged children about nutrition. JJ is a singer/songwriter who recently recorded her first children’s CD.
- RC is program officer for the Food and Nutrition Department of FoodChange, where she manages the “School Food Plus Cafeteria” and “Wellness Council” programs.
- ES is the nutrition education coordinator of The CHOICE Project, which is a nutrition education and research initiative of the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
Corporate & Media Nutrition:
- MB is the senior health specialist at Health Management Corporation-Wellpoint, Inc., and is responsible for the nutrition and health education of members and employees.
- KB developed a nutrition communication company, is a nutrition expert on prime-time television, and is a contributing nutrition expert to publications such as SELF Magazine and MetroParent. Previously, she was a corporate nutritionist at The Dannon Company.
- EV is the corporate nutritionist for FreshDirect.
- MM is a nutrition communications specialist at Pollock Communications Inc., which is a full-service public relations company.
- FS is a media spokesperson, journalist and nutrition consultant.
- EK is a nutritionist and Food Network star who hosts “Healthy Appetite” and is the author of the bestselling books “The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life” and “Small Changes, Big Results.”
Public Health Nutrition:
- ES is the coordinator for the “Eat Well, Play Hard in Child Care Settings” program at the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
- RS is a nutrition consultant with Head Start, and is an adjunct faculty member in the Department of Nutrition at New York University and serves as the chairperson of New York City Nutrition. Education Network.
- EH is a nutrition education consultant with the WIC Program at the Texas Department of State Health Services and is an instructor at the Texas Culinary Academy.
- RT is a nutrition information specialist at “Food Stamp Nutrition Connection,” which is part of the USDA National Agricultural Library. She manages the resource center, reviews nutrition education and training materials, and manages online nutrition content.
- CC is a senior program officer for the International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Program.
- VM is a health educator with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and produces a local cable-access nutrition show.
- LM is a nutritionist at God’s Love We Deliver, which is a non-profit program that provides nutritious meals and nutrition education to individuals living with HIV/AIDS, cancer and other serious illnesses.
Clinical, Research & Sports Nutrition:
- WS is a nutritionist at Schneider Children’s Hospital and is a team nutritionist for the New York Jets.
- AS is a clinical dietitian for Sodexho and is a nutrition consultant for a sports complex in New Jersey where she counsels high school and college athletes.
- RF is the owner of Nutrition and Exercise Consulting, which provides nutrition and exercise counseling to private clients and businesses.
- RM operates a private practice that specializes in eating disorders and general nutrition issues.
- SF is the clinical nutrition manager and patient services manager at the National Rehabilitation Hospital.
- CL is the senior nutritionist at New York University Hospital for Joint Diseases.
- SS is a dietitian and nutrition education coordinator at Hebrew Home for the Aged.
- DG is a pediatric nutritionist and diabetes educator at the Naomi Berrie Diabetes Center.
- KD is a nutrition consultant in private practice where she counsels physically active individuals and athletes from competitive kids and teens to elites and professionals.
- MS is the owner of Body Connections, a company that specializes in sports nutrition and the treatment of eating disorders.
- CW is a research nutritionist at the Obesity Research Center of St. Luke’s Hospital.
- RR is a Sports Nutritionist/Dietitian at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
For an additional resource for people with interest and expertise in food, nutrition and/or health, individuals can consult Untangling the Nutrition Web in Career Development, a book written by Jennifer A. Ernst, a graduate of the Program in Nutrition. Untangling the Nutrition Web in Career Development provides valuable information about career options in the fields of food, nutrition, dietetics, and health. This book will guide you through a self-assessment of interests, experiences and abilities as you reflect on your past, present and future. Choose a career in food, nutrition, dietetics and/or health that most suits your skills and interests. Visit http://www.nutritioncareers.com for more information and to order a copy of Untangling the Nutrition Web in Career Development.