Admission Requirements | Nutrition | Health & Behavior StudiesSkip to content Skip to main navigation
In the Department of Health & Behavior Studies
Dietetic Internship Program applicants must provide:
- Dietetic Internship Program application via DICAS,
- Teachers College online application,
- Official transcripts from each college/university attended, including evidence of completion of baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution,
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores,
- Personal statement about advanced study and intended professional work,
- Three original recommendation letters,
- Didactic program (DPD) verification statement.
Students may only begin the Dietetic Internship Program in the fall semester.
All applications to the dietetic internship are due to DICAS by February 15th.
Dietetic Internship Program applicants must be admitted to the Nutrition Program. Priority admission to the internship will be given to those students completing both the master's degree and the Dietetic Internship Program at Teachers College.
Students must also submit the proper computer-matching information to D&D Digital Systems.
Graduate students currently in the Nutrition Program who are interested in applying to the Dietetic Internship Program need to submit all materials required via DICAS online application system.
For more information about application/admission: See Application to Dietetic Internship Program tab.
The selection criteria used to rank prospective interns include:
- GPAs for general nutrition and prerequisite sciences,
- Quality of personal statement,
- GRE scores (general),
- Letters of recommendation
- Prior work or volunteer experience,
- Honors, awards and activities.