How to Enroll in the Columbia Student Health Insurance
To enroll in Plan 90 or Plan 100 of the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan, please follow the following instructions.
Please note that students will not have the option to voluntarily enroll until they are (1) registered for classes and (2) the enrollment/waiver portal has been opened. Students will be notified when the option to enroll is available.
- Log onto myTC Portal: http://my.tc.edu
- Click on ‘TC Services’
- Go to the ‘Enrollment & Student Services' menu
- Click on ‘Columbia Health and Medical Insurance’
- Click on ‘Columbia Health & Insurance Enrollment’
- Select Fall Term, or select Spring Term
- Place a check mark next to your plan of choice, Gold or Platinum
- Click on 'Add to My Account'
- Click on 'View My Charges' to complete transaction
Insurance Enrollment Tutorial
Enrolling after the Deadline
Requests to change enrollment after September 30 (February 15 for new Spring students) will be considered only if a student loses other health insurance coverage under a "change of life" circumstance. "Change of life" circumstances that warrant late enrollment include:
- Termination of insurance coverage under a partner’s or employer’s beneﬁt plan
- Surpassing the maximum age for coverage as a dependent under a parent's plan
Late requests for enrollment will be reviewed upon receipt of documentation of such a change. Students must contact Insurance & Immunization Records at firstname.lastname@example.org within 30-60 days of losing their insurance, and provide documentation of coverage termination and change of life criteria.