Vaccination Records

Vaccination Requirements

All incoming students must provide an official record of their Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) immunity and submit a Meningitis Response Form. 

These regulations are in accordance with New York State Public Health Law 2165 and Teachers College policy.

For more information on the requirements, submission processes, requesting a medical or religious exemption, or where to get vaccinations, please see below. 

Questions? Please reach out to 

Measles, Mumps, and Rubella

New York State Public Health Law 2165 requires all Teachers College students in a degree-granting program to provide adequate proof of immunization to Measles, Mumps, and Rubella. 

Documentation must show at least two Measles vaccinations and one each of Mumps and Rubella vaccinations. 
Combined MMR/MR(SR) vaccinations or individual disease vaccinations are acceptable, as long as they were administered after 12 months of age. 

If you believe you have received these vaccinations, but do not have a record, please go for a titer (blood test) to determine your immunity levels, before requesting additional vaccinations. A positive (immune) titer test will be accepted in lieu of a vaccine record. If you test negative (not immune) for any of the diseases, you will need to submit the results of the titer and proof of an MMR vaccine received after the titer test. Lab reports must be included. 

All vaccine-related immunization records not originally in English, must be officially translated into English and notarized prior to submission.

Proof of these immunizations may be documented in ONE of the following ways:

  • Have your health care provider fill out and stamp our Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) Immunization Form
  • Provide an official copy of your health care provider’s record
  • Provide a copy of your lifetime/childhood immunization card, including the page with your name and date of birth
  • Provide an official copy of immunization records from a former high school, college or university
  • Provide a military vaccination record
  • Provide serological proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, and Rubella by submission of a complete lab report. This means the demonstration of antibodies for each disease through a titer (blood test) performed by an approved medical laboratory. 
On myTC Portal By Mail By Fax

Click on ‘Student Resources’ Tab > Scroll down to ‘Enrollment and Student Services’ box > ‘Upload Immunization Records’

Please make sure your name and date of birth are present on at least one of the pages submitted. 

Teachers College
Office of Student Wellness            525 West 120th Street
Box #63
New York, NY 10027

Please include your Name and TCID # or UNI on fax. 


Documents will be processed in the order they are received. Please allow up to ten business days for processing. You will receive an email once your records have been reviewed. 


New York State Public Health Law requires that all students document immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella. To request a religious or medical exemption from this requirement, please submit all the relevant documentation as indicated below. 

Please allow a minimum of 10 business days for exemption requests  to be processed. Records are processed in the order they are received. You will be notified via your TC email address if either a temporary or permanent exemption has been granted. If a temporary exemption is given, you will be expected to complete the requirement at the exemption's expiration or resubmit an updated exemption request.

Please note: All students born before January 1, 1957 are automatically exempt from the Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) Requirement. 

  1. Medical Exemption
    A medical exemption may be granted upon receipt of all documents below:
    -A completed Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) Immunization Medical Exemption Form 
    -A written statement, not more than 2 years old, signed by a licensed healthcare provider whose specialty is appropriate to the associated condition 
    -Submission of results of a titer (blood test to determine immunity) for measles, mumps, and rubella for knowledge in the event of an outbreak. Exemption approval cannot be granted without knowledge of current antibody levels.

  2. Religious Exemption
    A religious exemption may be granted upon receipt of all documents below:
    - A Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) Immunization Religious Exemption Form
    -Obtain and submit a document from your religious organization supporting the basis of your faith/beliefs which are contrary to the practice of immunization or use of vaccines. The document should include a signature from your religious leader, the name, address, and phone number/email of the religious organization.
    -Provide a written and signed statement detailing the religious basis of your objection, explaining why you are requesting this religious exemption, the religious principles that guide your objections to immunization, whether you are opposed to all immunization, and if not, the religious basis that prohibits particular vaccinations.
    -Submission of results of a titer (blood test to determine immunity) for measles, mumps, and rubella for knowledge in the event of an outbreak. Exemption approval cannot be granted without knowledge of current antibody levels.


How will I be notified of my immunization compliance?

Immunization documentation is processed in the order in which it is received. Please allow up to ten business days for processing. An email will be sent to your TC email address once your documentation has been reviewed. You will be advised if you need to provide additional information, receive vaccinations, or if you are fully compliant.


Where can I get a vaccination or titer test?

  • For Medical Services at Columbia Health call (212) 854-7426 for an appointment.
  • Click here for NYC Department of Health Immunization Walk-in Clinics.
  • Your healthcare provider and local urgent care facilities can also provide vaccinations and titer (blood) tests. 


I have been immunized but I do not have the documentation, what should I do?

We recommend that you go for a simple blood test known as a Titer. This test determines your immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella.
If you test positive for immunity for all three diseases, please upload the Lab Report with your results; it will be accepted in lieu of a vaccination record. 

If you test negative (not immune) for any of the diseases, you will need an MMR booster. Please submit both a copy of the titer test results and proof of the booster shot. 


I am an international student and had my vaccinations administered at home, will you accept my documentation?

We will review the documentation to see if you meet the New York State requirements.
Please be sure to submit any relevant pages that include your name, date of birth and information about the vaccination including the type of vaccine and exact date (day/month/year) administered.
Any documents not in English must be officially translated and notarized. 


If I am in the process of completing the MMR vaccinations, will I be permitted to register for/attend classes?


Once we have verified your proof of having received the 1st MMR dose, you will be able to register for classes. Since it is medically necessary that you wait for at least 28 days between vaccines, you are granted temporary compliance for 30 days from the date on which the first dose was administered. You will become fully compliant only by submitting proof of the second dose. Students that fail to receive the second dose in a timely manner may be subject to a registration hold on their account. 


I attended TC. May I have a copy of my immunization records?

You may access your Records through the myTC Portal by following the directions below.

Step 1: After logging into, click the “Student Resources” tab at the top of the page.
Step 2: Click “Student Records” at the bottom of the page, under “Enrollment & Student Services.”
Step 3: On the next page, click “View Immunization Records.”
Step 4: Again, click “View Immunization Records.”
Step 5: A new tab will open with your records.  You may need to make sure you do not have a pop up blocker enabled.
Step 6: Print this page of the browser for a hard copy, or opt to save it as a PDF.  

More Questions? Please reach out to 

Meningitis Response Form

New York State Public Health Law 2167, enacted in 2003, requires all colleges and universities to:

  • Distribute information to students about meningococcal meningitis and the vaccine that protects against the disease, and
  • Collect and maintain a record of each student’s decision regarding meningitis vaccination.

What Does This Mean For You?

As a Teachers College student, you must complete the following steps. 

  1. Read about meningococcal meningitis.
    Please go to the CDC Meningococcal Disease site or read this NY State Department of Health fact sheet for information on meningococcal meningitis and the protective vaccine. 

  2. Make an informed decision about being vaccinated and record your decision via the Meningitis Response Form.  Vaccination is not required but submitting your decision is required.

A student is considered compliant with the requirement whether they received the vaccination or declined it, as long as they completed the form.

Please note: a meningitis vaccination is only considered current/received if it was in the last 5 years. 

Teachers College students who have paid the Columbia Health Fee (CHF) are entitled to receive Meningitis vaccinations at no cost. For a complete list of vaccinations and associated fees (including individuals who have not paid CHF), and to make an appointment, please visit Columbia Health’s website.

Questions? Please reach out to 



The Meningitis Response Form can be completed electronically via the myTC Portal or you may print and sign the Meningitis Response Form and submit it to the Office of Student Wellness: 

On myTC Portal By Mail By Fax

Click on ‘Student Resources’ Tab >
Scroll down to ‘Enrollment and Student Services’ box  
> ‘Meningitis Vaccination Response Form’

Teachers College
Office of Student Wellness
525 West 120th Street
Box #63
New York, NY 10027


In order to access campus,  you will need to submit proof of the minimum recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, and if eligible, a single booster shot. 

In accordance with New York State public health laws, the College will allow for medical and religious exemptions from TC’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate. 

For complete information on Teachers College's COVID-19 vaccination requirements and other related campus measures, please visit the Teachers College Preparedness site. 

For questions regarding COVID-19 policies and procedures and other campus access requirements, please email

Influenza (Flu)

Getting vaccinated against influenza (flu) is the best way to protect ourselves and our family, friends, and colleagues from flu. The flu vaccine is a protective measure-- you cannot get the flu from it.  

Influenza (fluvaccines will not be mandated for the 2022-23 academic year,  but are strongly recommended. Flu vaccination is especially important during the continuing COVID-19 pandemic to help prevent individuals from conflating symptoms or experiencing both illnesses simultaneously. 


How to Get Your Flu Vaccine

Flu vaccines are available at Columbia Health and at local pharmacies. There is no co-payment if you are on the Columbia Student Health Insurance Plan unless you request a high-dose flu vaccine. 

You do not need to submit proof of your influenza (flu) vaccine, however, we recommended you always keep a copy of your vaccination records. 


TypeError: Cannot read property "data" from null