Travel to a Third Country

Skip to content Skip to main navigation
Teachers College, Columbia University
Printer-friendly Version
Teachers College, Columbia University Logo

International Services

The Office of

Travel to a Third Country

Whenever you wish to leave the U.S. temporarily for a trip abroad, check with the consulate of the country you intend to visit regarding entrance requirements. You may need to apply for a visa to enter that country. Note that most consulates will not issue you an entry visa if your US visa has expired and/or your I-20/DS-2019 has not been endorsed for re-entry to the United States.

Information about Canadian visa requirements can be obtained through the Canadian Consulate General, 1251 Avenue of the Americas, (212) 596-1783,