Travel within the U.S.

Skip to content Skip to main navigation
Teachers College, Columbia University
Printer-friendly Version
Teachers College, Columbia University Logo

International Services

The Office of

Travel within the U.S.

If you will be traveling within the United States, it is not necessary to bring all of your immigration documents.  However, you should bring the following:

  1. Government-issued photo ID:  If you have a valid driver’s license or state ID, you can bring this.  If not, you should bring your passport.
  2. TC ID
  3. (recommended) Copies of your other immigration documents (passport, visa, I-94 card, I-20/DS-2019). 

Note: If you plan to travel to Arizona or to a city that is within 60 miles of the U.S. border, such as San Diego or  Niagara Falls, you may want to bring your original immigration documents (passport, visa, I-94 card, I-20/DS-2019) to avoid delays.