Change of Address

Change of Address

Address Notification Requirement

Under U.S. immigration regulations, all non-immigrants in F-1 status are required to report their U.S. local residential address to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. All address reporting is done through the student's school and/or immigration sponsor.


Continuing Students

If you are a continuing F-1 student and you change your residential address, you are required to notify Teachers College via MyTC Portal of any change, within 10 days of the change becoming effective.

When reporting your new residential address, you must report your "physical" (PH) or residential address. Upon receiving your new address information, TC will electronically notify the Department of Homeland Security of the change within 21 days, as required by law.

You should make all address changes through your TC Portal, but you should also notify the Offce of International Students and Scholars (OISS) so that we may confirm the address update has been made and entered into your immigration records.

Students in Campus Housing

Students who are in campus housing are not required to notify the OISS or the Registrar personally when moving into a campus housing address. The Office of Residential Services will notify by the OISS and the Registrar directly when you move into your campus housing assignment and/or if you change your assignments. However, if you move out of campus housing to an off-campus unit, you should update your address via TC Portal of the change, in accordance with the instructions above.

Students on Post-Completion Optional Practical Training

If you have completed your studies at TC but are engaged in post-completion Optional Practical Training, please notify the Office of International Students and Scholars by submitting  the OPT Reporting Form. You will find further information regarding reporting requirements during OPT here

Back to skip to quick links