Monday, Mar. 25, 2019
We’re excited to announce that the Department of Mathematics, Science, and Technology is organizing its second STEAMnasium as part of TC’s Academic Festival 2019.
The STEAMnasium is a department-wide collaborative effort with the aim of showcasing interactive STEAM learning stations for all ages. Designed and hosted by MST faculty and students, these stations facilitate open inquiry through hands-on play with tools and technologies.
Building and expanding on last year’s successful STEAMnasium, this year we are thrilled to offer the following 10 interactive stations:
- Hands-on with Virtual Reality, and Interactive Holograms - Merge Cubes
- Fun with Geogebra
- City Planning: Exploring Measurement, Circuitry, and Design through STEM
- Consulting Booth and Demo of Learning Management Systems Usage in STEAM Classrooms
- Craft Circuit
- Does it Matter? Engaging with Interesting Items
- Christa's Lost Lessons from the Challenger Mission
- Paper Race to Deep Space: Let's Rocket!
- Innovation Award 2019 (@ Smith Learning Theater, 4th Floor, Russell Hall)
The STEAMnasium will take place in Zankel Hall rooms 414 and 418 from 1:00 pm - 4:15 pm on Saturday, April 13, 2019.
For those that cannot make it in person, the event will be livestreamed and you can watch it unfold in real-time on http://stem.tc.columbia.edu/. Visit our website for more information, and check out #STEAMnasium and #STEAMWishTree hashtags on Twitter for updates.
We look forward to seeing you at the STEAMnasium -- and in the meantime, share your wishes for the future of STEAM with us, by tweeting with the hashtag #STEAMWishTree !"
Immerse yourself in a Virtual Reality experience!
Explore 2D and 3D shapes, patterns, and tilings through examples in the real world and iPad based games!
Play with Geogebra software to explore fascinating concepts in geometry!